Are you one of the growing number of AT&T Fiber customers? If so, you may be wondering how to use your own router with their service. While it’s not a difficult process, there are a few things you need to know to make it work. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to make your own router work with AT&T Fiber.
What is AT&T Fiber?
AT&T Fiber is a high-speed internet service that delivers fast, reliable, and affordable internet to homes across the country. AT&T Fiber offers speeds up to 1 gigabit per second, which is significantly faster than the average speed of most broadband services.
In addition, AT&T Fiber is backed by a 99% reliability rate, so users can rest assured that their connections will be consistent and uninterrupted. With AT&T Fiber, families can do everything they love online with little to no lag time.
How to Set Up Your Router with AT&T Fiber
Setting up your router with AT&T Fiber requires you to use your router’s default gateway. Normally the default AT&T Router IP is 192.168.1.254. In addition, you can also use your own router according to the device’s information if you follow the instructions correctly.<
- Step 1: Connect an Ethernet cable from the AT&T Gateway router IP to the router’s WAN/Internet port.
- Step 2: Turn off your AT&T Gateway and FlashRouter router connection
- Step 3: Restart Gateway and power on your FlashRouter.
- Step 4: Verify your Internet connection through the router by connecting the device to the IP router. When done, you can navigate to any website.
Benefits of using FlashRouter with AT&T Fiber
Why use an AT&T Fiber router? What benefits does it have that customers want to use?
When using Internet services, who doesn’t want to experience faster speeds, strong Wi-Fi coverage and lots of extra features, etc.
Here are some of the benefits AT&T Fiber customers can enjoy using FlashRouter:
- Allows users to fully control their Wifi network.
- Pre-installed with DD-WRT firmware, router functions will be unlocked, fully customizable by users.
- Whether you want to extend your VPN on every device on your network or just want a secured network, FlashRouter will completely enhance your AT&T Fiber experience!
Why Use a New Router with AT&T Fiber?
In some cases, you may want to use a new router when receiving AT&T Fiber. Your current router may not support the speed of your new service. In other cases, using a new router can also improve your Wi-Fi coverage.
If you decide to use a new router, we recommend that you select one of the Wi-Fi routers certified for use with AT&T Fiber. You can find a list of these routers on the AT&T Fiber website.< We also recommend that you use the same make and model of router for both your AT&T Fiber service and your Wi-Fi service. This will help to ensure that you have the best possible Wi-Fi performance.< AT&T Fiber provides a connection during which you can take advantage of all of the features that fibre internet offers. But the AT&T Fiber services will only work at optimal levels when they are accompanied with a new router.
In the above article, we have shared information related to how to use the router with AT&T Fiber. Follow the steps as the guide and you will be successful.